Ideas for action: take part in our week of action for military-free education and research
Would you like to take action for military-free education and research?
Here are some ideas for actions:
- get your group to sign our call to action: 'War is not the answer: resist youth militarisation! A Call to Action'. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy
- subvert the army's messages! Watch these Belgian military ads being 'improved' for inspiration! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3-7sC1SyFg
- do the military visit your school or your child's school? Inform people about the issues with this by handing out leaflets to fellow students, doing a piece of street theatre in your local town centre, or writing letters to local media, informing them about the international week of action, and how the military reaches young people in your area
- does your university have a connection with arms dealers? Hold a vigil outside a department they fund to remember the victims of war
- tell people that the week of action is taking place, and tell them why it is necessary! Read articles about youth militarisation, and how the military has an influence in education, around this website, and share it with others
- spread the word about the week of action. Use #milifreeedu 25 - 31 October, and before!
Visit this page to find a translation of information about the week of action in Czech, Spanish, German, Catalan, Italian and French.
Write to email@example.com if you'd like to tell us what you are planning, publicise an event you are holding, or talk through more ideas for action.